Saturday, September 6, 2008

la tempête

Chères soeurs,
As a faithful reader, I have been following your seaside adventures with the keenest of interest. Of course, it is most dismaying to myself that owing to the absolute fullness of my life here, I simply couldn't even conceive of finding the time to take a vacation, of any length; I could hardly find the time to compose this little post.
You see I must simply take any and all advantage of my time here...and it is much too stimulating to consider doing otherwise. For instance, the social make-up of the city of New Haven is like, way dynamic. I hear from a very good source (a real New Haven insider) that there is the most interesting of communities in this bustling mini-metropolis, the bike hipster. The bike hipster is the epitome of big city aspirations, generally, emigrating from varying pockets around Connecticut to the big city. I suppose they heard (from no less a good source) that New Haven is simply where it's at.
I have made casual inroads into the bike hipster community, usually by tossing off my wide-eyed student hat in favor of a street savvier fit. For instance, last night, more like this morning, I was caught in a bit of a tempête with a few of that sort, and really had the chance to observe them at comfortably close quarters. I say it was quite the experience! Even better than spending the night listening to podcasts, as was my original plan.
The weather still looks ominous, but I have very good reason to believe that that won't keep my new friends in doors...nor myself, if you need even ask.
Fondly,
Saint-Denis

No comments: